28 January 2012

In my jewellery studio









I thought I'd share a behind the scenes peek into my studio, and show you some of the beautiful raw materials that are just waiting to be made into something wonderful. Here are some gorgeous blue agate pieces, some sparkling druzy slices and some faceted amethyst beads, amongst other things. I like to have everything laid out before me when I'm working so that I can see what's available. I get so much inspiration from my raw materials, and often find great combinations just from looking at what's right there in front of me on my desk!

In the 2nd photo you can see a collection of necklaces that I am currently working on. They feature chunky raw Rubies, Lepidocrocite gemstones and hand blown glass. I really love them,  the colours are so subtle, delicate and beautiful. If I can part with them they'll be added to my Etsy jewellery shop within the next couple of weeks. I'll post some pictures of the finished pieces when they are completed.

I find the jewellery designing to be such a compliment and support to my painting. They don't seem to be all that different as disciplines to me in that I am playing with colour, texture and shape to create something that is, to me, a work of art, pleasing to the eye, and a pleasure to create. Making jewellery is a very joyful thing :)



You can see more of my finished designs in my online Jewellery Shop.  
You can also find more of my 'behind the scenes / in my studio' shots in my Flickr Photostream.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment