05 February 2012

Art Up Close

Some interesting textures found on my canvas paintings . . .




 

  



These are macro shots of some of my paintings. 

I love exploring the surface detail of my art with a camera as you can find wonderful pictures within pictures and worlds within worlds. These really are very tiny areas of the original paintings. They contain amazing textures that the naked eye misses as they are just too small to focus on! 

I love to incorporate interesting and unusual textures within my paintings. I often add all sorts of mixed media and specialized art 'mediums' to achieve these, including sand, metal leaf and glue.

I am currently working on a project involving publishing a dvd and picture book based on my close-up shots of my art. It's a long term project and it's not going to be ready in a hurry - I've been working on it for almost 2 years already!



You can see more of my art on my Website.
And more of these painting texture shots on my Flickr Photostream.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment